Deschutes River Conservancy
RiverFeast Auction Volunteer Needs
May 6, 2017 | 4:00 pm – 9:30 pm @ the Unitarian Universalist Fellowship of Central Oregon
Volunteer contact: Marisa Hossick
Dinner will be provided to all volunteers. Please plan to stay for the duration of the event.
We need 8 volunteers for the event, 4 to arrive after to help clean up, and 6 to help set up on Friday.
Set-up Crew – 4 volunteers (2 -4 on Friday, 2 on Saturday)
Friday 9:30-Noon at venue
- Linens on dining & ancillary tables
- Swag bags unloaded and placed at tables
- Centerpiece & table name placement
- Tables set with place settings
- Tables set with chairs
- Auction staging (Décor only) bid sheets and pens in place
Saturday (Time TBD)
- Load in all physical auction items
- Red wine on tables
Auction Monitors/Closers – 2 Volunteers (4:30 to end)
- Greet guests in cocktail area
- Monitor Silent Auction
- Efficiently close items that were purchased at “Guarantee Bid” price.
- KNOW THE MERCHANDISE IN SILENT AUCTION
- Answer bidder questions, encourage bidding and conversation about items
- Remove silent bids sheets when respective silent auction table closes
- Circle all winning bid numbers and write that number at top of sheet
- Remove all pens from the table to make sure no further bidding will occur!
- Bring top copy of closed bid forms to the "Check Out" area for data entry.
- Leave closed section undisturbed for 15 minutes after closure so guests can revisit area to see what they have won.
- After that time, gather items by winning bidder number and take to package pick up for sorting.
- Sort all won items around room, by bidder number, in clearly marked bags or boxes. If an item (gift basket) is too large to be placed in a bag or box, secure a large sticky with the winning bidder number in big, bold sharpie.
- Organize winning live auction items as brought back.
- Deliver packages to winners as they bring receipts for redemption
Qualities Needed: Assertive and fun personality, ability to move very quickly.
Greeters/Live Auction Spotters/Raffle Ticket Sellers – 4 Volunteers Needed (5:00-9:00)
- Greet guests upon arrival
- Promote and sell tickets for the raffle
- Promote and sell any game opportunities
- Run raffle and game tracking sheets to data entry periodically.
- Assist Auctioneer by standing in certain sections of the audience during live auction.
- Encourage bidders to bid
- Help the auctioneer "spot bids" and determine bidder number
- Bring up raffle container for pull at appropriate time
- Run errands during dinner/live auction as requested
Live Auction Recorders and Runners - 2 Volunteers Needed
- Record live auction bids and final
- Take each bid sheet to winner for signature
- Take to data entry for processing
- Record all paddle raises and bid numbers
- Talena and one other will compare three paddle raise sheets for accuracy and deliver for data entry
- Take any physical live auction items to package pick up for organization
Qualities Needed: assertive and fun personality, enthusiastic while not disrupting the auction, the auctioneer or bidders, ability to read nonverbal cues, attentive to auctioneer needs.
Event Wrap Up Crew – 4 Volunteers Needed – 9:30 to 10:30 pm
- Break down and put away tables and chairs
- Sweep and mop floors
- Clear away any discarded items
- Empty trash cans
- Put venue chairs back in place
Qualities Needed: Willing to stay until the clean-up is finished at around 10:30 pm