What if I have a water right and I use only part of it or none of it?

You can lease all or part of your water right instream either temporarily or permanently to avoid forfeiture. Each year of leasing instream counts as a year of beneficial use. This allows you to protect your water rights that are not being used while providing instream benefits. Contact the Deschutes River Conservancy for more information (541) 382-4077 ext.16.