THE OCHOCO IRRIGATION DISTRICT DRY-YEAR WATER LEASING PROGRAM HELPS FARMERS AND THE RIVER
Ochoco Irrigation District is pleased to offer a Dry-Year Water Leasing Pilot Program to help patrons with 10 acres or more manage water during the 2021 irrigation season.
Through this program, patrons will have these options:
- Lease water to the Program, foregoing irrigation in exchange for payment
- Purchase additional water from the program to bolster their allocation
The Program will support both increased irrigation water and river flows and is being offered in collaboration with the Deschutes River Conservancy. Program participation is 100% voluntary, and non-participating patrons will not be impacted by the Program.
- Participation deadline extended to April 1, 2021
- Fixed-Price lease payment increased to $50/acre
HERE'S HOW IT WORKS
WANT TO LEARN MORE?
For more information on the program and how to participate:
• Refer to the OID website
• Contact: Natasha Bellis (541) 382-4077 x 14
Participation forms are available from OID or the DRC websites, and the deadline has been extended to April 1, 2021
Thank you for considering this program as you plan for the 2021 irrigation season. Participation is 100% voluntary, will not adversely affect patrons who don't participate, and is subject to OID approval.