Deschutes water bank
LOCAL • VOLUNTARY • TEMPORARY
- Are you interested in receiving a cash payment for volunteering not to use your irrigation water for the 2022 irrigation season?
- Are you interested in sharing your water to help farmers who have a water deficit due to the ongoing drought in Central Oregon?
- Or perhaps you’d be interested in sharing your water with the Deschutes River, which has greatly reduced stream flows during certain seasons of the year due to the storage and delivery of irrigation water?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, please fill out the online form for more information!
The 2022 Deschutes Water Bank Pilot Program is a partnership between Central Oregon Irrigation District, North Unit Irrigation District, and Deschutes River Conservancy. The Water Bank Pilot is a flexible water management tool which allows for the voluntary and temporary movement of water from one user to another.
The 2022 Water Bank Pilot seeks to:
- Provide water to North Unit Irrigation District (NUID) and its farmers during the irrigation season to mitigate drought
- Provide participating Central Oregon Irrigation District (COID) patrons with compensation for this temporary movement
- Provide an environmental benefit through increased instream flow in the Deschutes River
If you’re interested in learning more about the 2022 Deschutes Water Bank Pilot, please fill out the short questionnaire.
Please Note: Filling out this questionnaire does not obligate you to participate in the program, nor does it represent an assurance that you are eligible for the pilot program, it’s simply an indication of your potential interest and a request for more information.
Please scroll to the bottom of the form to locate the SUBMIT button.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org