Catch Up on all the Raise the Deschutes Seminars
Click on titles to watch seminar recordings
- Fish Reintroduction and River Restoration
Bringing the Fish Home in the Upper Deschutes Basin
>Slide deck for Bringing the Fish Home
- Indigenous Water Rights
The Importance of Water to the Tribes
>Slide deck for Indigenous Water Rights
- What's Going on with the River?
Hydrology and Water Management in the Deschutes Basin
> Slide deck for What's Going on with the River?
- Whose Water is it Anyway? Water Rights 101
How a 1909 Water Law is Impacting the Deschutes River Basin Today
> Slide deck for Whose Water is it Anyway?
- Resiliency in the Face of Scarcity: Why Water Banking Makes Sense
How water banks can enable the flexible and voluntary market-based reallocation of water in Central Oregon
> Slide deck for Why Water Banks Make Sense
- Groundwater in Central Oregon: How is it All Connected?
Current trends in the regional aquifer system and the unique connection between groundwater and surface water
> Slide deck for Groundwater in Central Oregon
- Lawns, Beer, and Golf: Urban and Suburban Water Use in Central Oregon
Where the City of Bend's water comes from, where it goes, and how community leaders are conserving water and planning for growth into the next century.
>Slide deck for Lawns, Beer, and Golf
FUTURE SEMINAR TOPICS:
- Migrating Fish Reintroduction
- Species Management in the Deschutes Basin
- Why Pipe Canals? How Conservation Efforts are Paving the Way for a More Resilient Central Oregon
- Moving Irrigation into the 21st Century: Modernizing How We Farm
- The McKay Creek Water Rights Switch: Creating Win-Win Solutions for Fish and Farmers