Catch Up on all the Raise the Deschutes Seminars
Click on titles to watch seminar recordings
- What's Going on with the River?
Hydrology and Water Management in the Deschutes Basin
> Slide deck for What's Going on with the River?
- Whose Water is it Anyway? Water Rights 101
How a 1909 Water Law is Impacting the Deschutes River Basin Today
> Slide deck for Whose Water is it Anyway?
- Resiliency in the Face of Scarcity: Why Water Banking Makes Sense
How water banks can enable the flexible and voluntary market-based reallocation of water in Central Oregon
> Slide deck for Why Water Banks Make Sense
- Groundwater in Central Oregon: How is it All Connected?
Current trends in the regional aquifer system and the unique connection between groundwater and surface water
> Slide deck for Groundwater in Central Oregon
- Lawns, Beer, and Golf: Urban and Suburban Water Use in Central Oregon
Where the City of Bend's water comes from, where it goes, and how community leaders are conserving water and planning for growth into the next century.
>Slide deck for Lawns, Beer, and Golf
FUTURE SEMINAR TOPICS:
- Why Pipe Canals? How Conservation Efforts are Paving the Way for a More Resilient Central Oregon
- Moving Irrigation into the 21st Century: Modernizing How We Farm
- The McKay Creek Water Rights Switch: Creating Win-Win Solutions for Fish and Farmers
- Indigenous Water Rights: What Water Means to the Confederated Tribes of Warm Springs