This article was published on: 04/2/21 3:57 PM
A VIRTUAL BENEFIT FOR THE DESCHUTES RIVER CONSERVANCY
We need your support more than ever after this difficult year.
The Deschutes River Basin is facing a water crisis. A crisis we can do something about. “Business as usual” is no longer an option if we want all to thrive.
We’re on the precipice of large-scale, long-term change here in the basin. After more than a century of water imbalance, we’re now on track to bring about long-term change for some of the basin’s most intractable water challenges. By creating better balance between water users in the basin, we’ll be able to increase water equity and protect flows instream.
We’ve been doing this work for 25 years now. Together with our partners, we’ve restored more than 93,000 gallons of water per minute (208 CFS) to the Deschutes River and its tributaries.
Help us celebrate 25 years of river restoration through RiverFest. Instead of our annual in-person RiverFeast, we’re creating a new experience that blends inspiration, entertainment, and fundraising into a one hour online experience. You can help by participating in this year’s fundraiser, bidding on great auction items, and making a donation. Please join us!
What you can expect:
- Host Larry Snyder and DRC ED Kate Fitzpatrick will be guiding us through the evening.
- Witness a sacred tribal prayer song performed by Warm Springs tribal member, Austin Green.
- Ellen Waterston will be reading a brand-new poem, written specifically for RiverFest.
- Meet our staff and board in a fun, fast-paced collage of the passion that drives us to do the work we do.
- Grow your understanding of other perspectives about water use in the basin through a project filmed by DRC staff.
- MOsley WOtta will be sharing an exclusive creation on sustainability and stewardship.
- In a Landscape’s Hunter Noack will be performing a majestic composition on his grand piano in the High Desert landscape.
- The Quartz Creek Drumming Group from Warm Springs will be concluding the event with a unique, cultural experience by the Deschutes River.
- Up to 25 fun, adventurous, and usable auction items will be available to bid on silently during the event.
- Your $100 donation enters you to win an inflatable SUP, paddle and pump!
Thank you to our VIP Ticket Patrons: Gene and Cande Buccola, Ryan Buccola, Tim Buccola, Michel Boileau, Raymond Tien, Robert Brunoe, Dan Steelhammer, John and Cindy Hossick, Tierney O’Dea Booker, Annette Liebe, April Snell, Phil Fine, Ari and Gladys Pilz, Michael LaLonde, Corol Ann Cary, ShanRae Hawkins, Tod Heisler, Mike Buettner, Steve Forrester, Kirk Cook, Jason Gritzner, Mike Britton, Jeff Wieland, Nelson and Joanne Mathews, Nancy Gilbert, Michael and Freya Tripp, Cooper Morrow, Michael Taylor, and Alyssa Macy.